Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Two whole weeks of shame

Okay the post I've been dreading and procrastinating at the same time. The Monday before last my mother-in-law invited my wife and us to golden corral's buffet breakfast. I know...I know... I should have said no. Especially when I consider how good I had been for two whole weeks losing thirteen pounds. Or, at the very least, I should have had better control. But, what can I say, I'm human. I binged and enjoyed every sinful moment of it.


Sadly, It doesn't end there. A few days latter, my wife and I ordered pizza and then when the snow hit, let's just say that I have enjoyed myself thoroughly. And, this morning when I finally stepped on the scale it was time to pay the piper. I had gained three whole pounds back. Well, it's time to dust myself off and get back onto the wagon again.

Although, it makes me wonder how many of you out there have gone through a similar experience since making your declaration to lose weight. Or, am I the only one to backslide from his declaration? I'm interested in knowing some of your own stories. It could even be therapeutic to air it all out. I know that one of the things that kept me from posting about this was the guilt of knowing I had let myself down. But, let's face facts, if it was easy eating like we should then there would be a heck of a lot more skinny people out there.

Oh well, enough of my musings, next week this repentant sinner will hopefully have some good news to share with everyone. Although, maybe I should post more often. Who knows, maybe I wouldn't have gone through two whole weeks of gluttony had I been blogging more often.

1 comment:

  1. With all this snow, all I have been doing is baking! I am not on a weight loss plan, but I'll need to be after this month! Good luck.

    I'm your newest follower, too.

    ReplyDelete