Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Where Did All That Fat Come From?

I don't know how many times I've looked at really large people and thought "How in the world could they have gotten that big? Didn't they see themselves in the mirror?" Then one day the scale told me I was that person!  Having realized that now I decided it was time to do something about it. Short of applying to the Biggest Loser that meant I would have to go on a diet and exercise. Before I get into my journey of wellness and general good-looking-ness a little about myself and my past.

17 years ago I entered Paris Island, South Carolina and was transformed into a lean, mean, fighting machine. But.... fast forward 4 years and it is a journey of gradual decline. Until my fateful encounter with a digital scale who had NO mercy.
 Unable to deny it any longer I came up with a plan of action:

1. Drink 1/2 my body weight in water
2. No sodas (diet included)
3. Smaller portion sizes (obviously)
4. Stay in-between 1500 and 1800 calories a day
5. Occasional exercise (see below for further details)


My wife who is a big fan of the Biggest Loser bought several Jillian Michael's workout DVD's. She has also purchased for the X-box Kinect the Your Shape Fitness Evolved. Both of which I have tried sporadically.  Let me just say "Oh how the mighty have fallen." The day after the 30 Day Shred and the Your Shape Fitness Evolved Fitness Test I spent the next several days walking around like an 80 year old man. On the plus side, after 1 week I have lost 8 lbs. Tune back in for further updates.  Over and Out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower from Stepping by Saturday. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete